1. MICAJAH1 PROCTOR died 1801 in Garrard County, Kentucky. He married ELIZABETH BANKS.
Children of MICAJAH PROCTOR and ELIZABETH BANKS are:
2. i.* ROBERT2 PROCTOR, b. 1782, North Carolina; d. 1850, Jackson Co., Alabama.
ii. JEREMIAH PROCTOR.
iii.MICAJAH JR. PROCTOR.
~Generation No. 2~
2. ROBERT2 PROCTOR (MICAJAH1) was born 1782 in North Carolina, and died 1850 in Jackson Co., Alabama. He married SARAH FORBES. She died Aft. 1840.
Children of ROBERT PROCTOR and SARAH FORBES are:
3. i. SAMUEL FORBES3 PROCTOR, b. 1809, Tennessee; d. December 18, 1869, Maynards Cove, Jackson Co., Alabama.
ii. ELIZABETH PROCTOR.
~Generation No. 3~
3. SAMUEL FORBES3 PROCTOR (ROBERT2, MICAJAH1) was born 1809 in Tennessee, and died December 18, 1869 in Maynards Cove, Jackson Co., Alabama. He married MARGARET A. DONATHAN. She was born 1814 in Kentucky.
Children of SAMUEL PROCTOR and MARGARET DONATHAN are:
4. i. MARTHA CAROLINA4 PROCTOR, b. 1832, Maynards Cove, Jackson County, Alabama; d. November 10, 1872, Canadian, Indian Territory.
ii. ROBERT FRANKLIN PROCTOR.
5.iii.JEREMIAH G. PROCTOR, b. 1839, Alabama; d. 1880.
~Generation No. 4~
4. MARTHA CAROLINA4 PROCTOR (SAMUEL FORBES3, ROBERT2, MICAJAH1) was born 1832 in Maynards Cove, Jackson County, Alabama, and died November 10, 1872 in Canadian, Indian Territory. She married JAMES MONROE BYNUM September 30, 1851 in Maynards Cove, Jackson County, Alabama, son of ISAAC BYNUM and TABITHA YOUNG. He was born January 01, 1833 in Maynards Cove, Jackson County, Alabama.
Martha Proctor died the year she arrived in Indian Territory, in 1872.
James Monroe Bynum was the first in the Bynum family to migrate to Indian Territory. He left Maynard's Cove, Alabama and moved directly to Indian Territory in 1872. He is buried in the McDoogal Cemetery in Oklahoma.
There is a marriage record of Martha C. Proctor to James M (onroe) Bynum
in Jackson Co., Alabama dated Sept. 30, 1851. Officiating: James
B. Matthews, Justice of the Peace. Witnesses, William Rufus
Kayter (Kuyter) and Nancy E. Carlton.
After the Civil War, James and his family head for Indian Territory, with delays enroute in Arkansas. He and family arrived in IT in late 1874, Martha died on 10 Nov 1874 at Canadian, IT. She is buried at McDoogal Cemetery in Pittsburg County. Her grave is marked. Thomas learned a trade in the mercantile business, worked for a while at a place called Hird, IT and then moved on to Pontotoc County. Robert Newton did the same, except he moved to Tulsa. Robert Newton Bynum became the second Mayor of Tulsa.
Children of MARTHA PROCTOR and JAMES BYNUM are:
6. i. *THOMAS5 BYNUM, b. November 19, 1855, Maynards Cove, Jackson County, Alabama; d. February 22, 1925, Seminole County, Oklahoma.
ii. ROBERT NEWTON BYNUM.
Robert Newton Bynum was second Mayor of Tulsa, Oklahoma.
iii.MARGARET TABITHA BYNUM.
iv.JAMES FRANKLIN BYNUM.
5. JEREMIAH G.4 PROCTOR (SAMUEL FORBES3, ROBERT2, MICAJAH1) was born 1839 in Alabama, and died 1880. He married MARY CATHERINE MCCARVER.
Child of JEREMIAH PROCTOR and MARY MCCARVER is:
7. i. JAMES MADISON5 PROCTOR, b. 1870, Alabama; d. 1948, Texas.
~Generation No. 5~
6. THOMAS5 BYNUM (MARTHA CAROLINA4 PROCTOR, SAMUEL FORBES3, ROBERT2, MICAJAH1) was born November 19, 1855 in Maynards Cove, Jackson County, Alabama, and died February 22, 1925 in Seminole County, Oklahoma. He married MARY ELLEN PHELPS October 1877 in Eufala, Indian Territory, Oklahoma, daughter of ANDREW PHELPS and ELLENOR MOORE. She was born June 22, 1864 in Iowa, and died January 08, 1954 in Allen, Pontotac Co., Oklahoma.
Thomas and "Ella" arrived in Indian Territory in the year 1874 and they settled at a place called Inianola, Choctaw Nation, Tobrucksy County (now Pittsburg Couny)
Thomas and Mary owned a big farm with cabins for the help.
Info from Mildred Baker Phillips....granddaughter of Thomas and Ella. (Mildred is my Grandma)
Children of THOMAS BYNUM and MARY PHELPS are:
i. HENRY6 BYNUM, b. November 20, 1882.
ii. MINNIE MAE BYNUM.
iii.NELLIE TABITHA BYNUM.
iv.JESSIE ALLEN BYNUM, b. February 01, 1884.
v. ARTHUR BYNUM, b. September 17, 1879.
vi.BONNIE RELLA BYNUM.
vii.*LEONA BELLE BYNUM, b. February 04, 1889, Allen, Oklahoma; d. August 08, 1928, Allen, Oklahoma; m. ERWIN GEORGE BAKER, March 29, 1905, Allen, Oklahoma; b. December 27, 1878, Boone County Arkansas; d. July 13, 1964, Raintree Nursing Home, Fresno, California.
viii.WILLIAM THOMAS BYNUM, b. August 14, 1883.
7. JAMES MADISON5 PROCTOR (JEREMIAH G.4, SAMUEL FORBES3, ROBERT2, MICAJAH1) was born 1870 in Alabama, and died 1948 in Texas. He married MARY WEST.
Child of JAMES PROCTOR and MARY WEST is:
i. MAGGIE MALINDA6 PROCTOR.
Kim Phillips Randolph
Our Family Home Page